Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chicken Salad

This is a delayed Mother's Day weekend post :) When I had my mom and sister over on Saturday for lunch, I made my mom's favorite lunch - chicken salad. I didn't follow a recipe but just threw together what I thought sounded good. My mom loved it, and Nick actually asked for another big batch so he could eat it throughout the week! I served these on croissants - you could do any type of roll, or even lettuce cups.

**Note - I didn't put any nuts in this salad because I'm allergic, but I think cashews or walnuts would be great!


Chelley's Chicken Salad

2.5 - 3 lbs chicken, boiled and shredded
1 Gala apple, peeled, cored and diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 handfuls of raisins
Mayonnaise
Yellow mustard (very small amount)

Combine the chicken, apple, celery and raisins in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise to desired consistency (some people like it drier or creamier than others) and a very small amount of yellow mustard, for flavor.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks delicious!!

wedbliss5 said...

Yum - I make a similar one but use dried cranberries instead of raisins (since I'm not a raisin person) - but yum! This just might be my lunch today!