Monday, April 2, 2007

Who's a Cheese Ball?

My sister needed a recipe for a cheese ball to take to a shower this weekend so I gave her the recipe out of the What's Cooking Appetizers Collection cookbook. She said that it got rave reviews! And she even took a picture :)


Cheese Ball Spread

**Courtesy of my awesome sister, Lauren!

8 oz. whipped cream cheese
1/2 lb. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. meunster cheese
10 pimento olives, finely chopped
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 T. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. worchestershire sauce

Preparation:

1. In medium bowl add all ingredients and blend well. You might want to use your bare hands. Mold into ball or log.

2. You can roll in chopped nuts, paprika or shredded cheese.

3. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and serve with crackers.

Source: What's Cooking Appetizers Collection cookbook

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wahoo! I made the board. Oh, as a side note, I left out the cayenne pepper and I sprinkled it with paprika! It came out perfect.

~Amber~ said...

You sis did a great job. And how wonderful that she sent you a picture. Way to go sis!

Carrie said...

It looks great! I will have to try it!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Awesome! So glad that folks are using the WC Cookbooks I put together with the Nestie recipe submissions! :)