Thursday, April 5, 2007

Finally - A Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie!

A good indication that you do not make good chocolate chip cookies - your husband begs you to buy Nestle refrigerated dough. I was determined to change my fate when it came to mastering the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookie, and recently came across a recipe with a "secret ingredient" to maintain the soft and chewy texture.

I gave one to Nick when he got home and he said, "Mmmm this is really good! Is this a real recipe?". SCORE! I had found my recipe! These cookies are perfectly chewy and delicious!


Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding & pie mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz. bag) semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat in the instant pudding until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls (I rolled mine into balls) onto ungreased cookie sheets.

4. Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took 16 minutes to get the edges just browned) in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

~~I yielded 3 dozen cookies from this recipe~~

Source: Nestie Joelen&Louis

4 comments:

Kayte said...

those look amazing! i want to bake so badly. i think this will be the first thing i bake next week!

~Amber~ said...

These look sooo good. I can't wait to make them myself. Eat one, or two for me.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

So glad you tried them and liked them! They are a favorite in our house :)

Trisha said...

I made these today and they were sooo good!