Friday, August 3, 2007

Asian Style a la Rachael Ray

I have been attempting to try new dishes here for the last few weeks because Nick and I both agreed that our meals had been getting pretty boring. Nick is a big fan of most Asian style food and when a What's Cooking Nestie had mentioned Rachael Ray's Teriyaki Chicken with Warm Ginger-Carrot Slaw, I saved the recipe knowing it might be a winner.

I didn't make any modifications to the recipe this first time. I cooked the chicken on my grill pan (because it's 90+ degrees outside), which produced fabulously moist chicken. I served the whole meal over brown rice and Nick splashed some soy sauce on everything (he likes his salt!). The chicken was definitely a huge hit - great flavor!

The only change Nick suggested for next time would be to eliminate the ginger in the slaw because it was overpowering. Also, this was a TON of slaw for two people - I would cut the recipe in half.

Oh, and for the record -- this "30 minute meal" took me 45 minutes from start to finish.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

everything looks wonderful chelle!! i really want to try this recipe. the slaw looks yummy!

~Amber~ said...

This sounds awesome!!! Great picture also.