Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Steak & Potatoes

Nothing like good old American cooking! I had a flank steak in the freezer that I wanted to use so I did a basic dry rub on it and grilled it on my grill pan and served it with some steak fries and green beans. Everything was super easy to make!


Flank Steak Rub:
1 T. salt
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt.


Baked Steak Fries

These turned out just like my grandma's roasted potato wedges from Sunday dinner, but just a bit crispier. They were really good! I wish I would have had a sauce to dip them in!

2 russet potatoes
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. seasoned salt

1. Place potatoes in large bowl; add cold water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

3. Drain potatoes. Spread on a layer of paper towels. Cover with another layer of paper towels. Press to dry.

4. Move potatoes to clean large bowl. Sprinkle with oil and seasonings, toss to combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet.

5. Bake for 40 minutes until golden (turning 1/2 way through).


Green Beans with Garlic

I just threw this one together quickly, but Nick said they tasted great and he really liked them! I simply boiled about 12 oz. (estimated from a big bag) of fresh green beans for about 4 minutes once they got back up to a boil. While they were boiling I sweated (on med low heat) 2 cloves of minced garlic in 2 tsp. of olive oil. When the green beans were done I used a slotted spoon to take them out and moved them to the skillet with the oil and garlic and just tossed and served!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy! And gourmet!