Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Banana Muffins

This is a great recipe that I've been making for a couple of years now. They are extra sweet - Nick even loves to eat them for dessert! I usually make up a batch and individually wrap them in wax paper and put them in freezer bags. When we want one we just pop it in the microwave! (You'll notice this is our process for A LOT of things!)


3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 T. vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, coarsely mashed

1. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.

3. Divide the batter among prepared muffin cups. bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly. The muffins may be eaten warm or cooled completely and frosted.

Source: Giada DeLaurentiis - The Food Network

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are so good. i'm so glad you gave me the recipe. i will be saving this recipe and will use this recipe everytime i have leftover, ripe bananas.

Anonymous said...

I didn't use your recipe (I used my own now-legendary bananna bread recipe) but I made them into cupcakes this time and wrapped them individually with saran wrap for 6 hours. When me and Anthony ate them, they were SO MOIST and very good. You inspired me to make cupcakes instead of bread loafs all the time :) (And they're great to grab in the morning!)