Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stuff It!


Tonight I grilled chicken breasts that had been stuffed with smoked gouda and bacon. When Nick came home I told him I had tried something different and he said, "You said it's cheese and bacon - it has to be good!" Such a wise man :)

To stuff the chicken I cut a slit almost as long as the breast and almost as deep. I then stuffed an equal amount of smoked gouda and bacon as far in as I could. I then grilled them on my grill pan and served with a Parmesan Risotto (recipe follows) and a simple tossed salad.

The chicken had a great grilled exterior while remaining moist and juicy inside, and the risotto was nice and creamy. Great meal!

Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts
(source: Sugar & Spice)

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
2 oz. smoked gouda
3 pieces bacon, cooked
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

1) Cut a slit into the side of the chicken breast, to within a 1/2 inch of the sides and back. Stuff an equal amount of cheese and a piece of bacon into each breast, making sure to push it as far in as possible.

2) Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

3) Cook on grill pan over medium-high heat, turning once, until completely cooked through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parmesan Risotto
(source: Sugar & Spice)

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used pinot grigio)
2.5 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1) Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.

2) Add the rice and stir to coat the rice.

3) Add the wine, stir and simmer until almost all of the wine is evaporated.

4) Begin adding the chicken broth a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly after each addition and waiting until the liquid has been completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.

5) Once the last batch of broth has been just about absorbed, turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You dinner looks so good! And your husband's comment was totally something that my husband would have said!

~Amber~ said...

That looks great Chelle! I have never stuffed chicken that way but I will have to give it a try. Also risotto, I have never made it before. I a going to have to give that a try too.

miriam said...

The risotto looks so delicious! I have to think of meal for that next week.

Carrie said...

It's true can't go wrong with cheese and bacon... looks like a great meal!

Patricia Scarpin said...

That risotto has my name written all over it - so delicious!

Deborah said...

I'm always a fan of ANYTHING stuffed with bacon! :)

Aud said...

I tagged you! :)

http://thatswhataudsaid.blogspot.com/2007/08/tag-im-it.html