Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pepper and Garlic-Crusted Tenderloin Steaks


Tonight's meal was extremely easy to throw together - Nick called it "Rachael Ray's Amazing 20-Minute Meal" haha. The recipe I used for the steak was an adaption from Cooking Light, and I served it with wild rice pilaf (nods to Uncle Ben) and steamed asparagus.

I didn't pepper my steak (just used garlic) because I used to have a pepper allergy which I have outgrown, but I still don't do well with it in large doses. Nick still said that his was too pepper-y and he would cut back on it next time.

Otherwise, two thumbs up!


Pepper and Garlic-Crusted Tenderloin Steaks
(Adapted from Cooking Light)

1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoon butter
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Directions:
Place peppercorns in a small zip-top plastic bag and seal. Crush peppercorns (I used a rolling pin to crush mine) and combine with salt and garlic in a bowl; rub evenly over steaks. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter to the pan. When the butter is melted, add the steaks to the pan. Reduce heat and cook 4 minutes per side or to the desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from the pan, cover and keep warm.

Mix the cornstarch with the broth and add to the pan, stirring to loosen brown bits. Cook until thickened and serve over steaks.

4 comments:

Kayte said...

this meal looks great!! i haven't made steak in so long. i'm saving this recipe :-)

Ally said...

Yum Yum Chelly!

Renea said...

Mmm steak. Putting that on my list to make soon.

~Amber~ said...

Looks great. I might have to give it a try.