Monday, August 27, 2007

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by my friend Audrey, which means I need to share with you all eight fun facts about myself and then tag eight more people to do the same.

Audrey is a great friend of my husband, Nick - they went to college together and survived electrical engineering and now work for the same company, but at different locations. After meeting Audrey and talking to her more and more, we have discovered so many things that we have in common! She's a great girl and I'm happy and honored to know her!

And I am still banking on her to get me to Madison Square Garden for a Billy Joel show :)

And now, for my fun facts...

(1) I have absolutely no tolerance for hypocritical people. You know, the ones that are always telling people to act nicely and then turn around are just as horrible, if not worse. The ones that live in church 4 days a week and then talk about people behind their backs and are big-time bigots. We all know people like this, and I almost feel sorry for them... *almost*.

(2) I love to write and have taken on freelance projects in the past, writing columns for local newspapers. At the top of my "things I want to do before I die" list is to write a novel and have it published. Last week I wrote my first page... stay tuned...

(3) Growing up I was a complete tomboy. For my 6th birthday I wanted a baseball glove. I never played with Barbies, never played with dolls, never took dance lessons. I played softball and basketball and tried to climb trees.

(4) I attended Catholic school from the time I was in kindergarten the whole way through college. I only had to wear a uniform in high school, but I think Audrey might be on to something - this could have severely impaired my fashion sense which has left me clinging to comfortable neutrals, of which my closet is full!

(5) I don't like vegetables. I will eat mushrooms, onions, peppers, cucumbers and things like that. But when it comes to broccoli, asparagus, green beans, cauliflower, etc. - there isn't a chance I'll put it anywhere near my mouth. I'm not sure why I despise them - my mom and my sister both love vegetables so it wasn't for a lack of exposure growing up. I just can't stomach a lot of them!

(6) I love celebrity gossip. I know, it's mindless garbage about a bunch of people with too much money that don't know what to do with themselves. But I can't help myself - I have People and E! set up in Google Reader and I check TMZ.com regularly. It's a train wreck that I can't pull myself away from.

(7) Growing up we had Sunday dinners at my grandma's every week. She still tries to do this when she is feeling ok, and she is almost 88! Each week, our family and my mom's brother's family would all go to my grandma's on Sundays and eat dinner (Italian for lunch) together and then watch football, play cards or hang out for the afternoon. They are some of my most cherished memories growing up... as well as all of the weekends that myself, my sister and my cousins would sleep over at my grandma's. We had so much fun... I definitely miss those days!

(8) When I get into bed at night I have to crack my back in two directions, roll on my stomach and crack my neck twice and then roll over onto my side before I can actually get settled enough to sleep. Every night, without fail, for as long as I can remember now...

That was pretty hard!

Okay I am tagging the following 8 people:

1. Kayte
2. Ally
3. Tina
4. Annie
5. Delilah
6. Laney
7. Meghan
8. Julia

1 comments:

Aud said...

woo hoo! thanks for playing!

and yes, we MUST see our Billy in MSG. :)

and cracking body parts freaks me out.