Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mmmmm crisp!

I had my mom over yesterday for a Mother's Day lunch and a day spent shopping. I wanted to make all of her favorites and she requested apple crisp for dessert. I have never actually made apple crisp and asked my BFF Kayte if she had a recipe. She was kind enough to share with me her grandmother's recipe. It turned out AMAZING. We all loved it and I will definitely be saving it as my go-to apple crisp recipe :) Thank you Kayte!


Apple Crisp

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 dash salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
8 Tablespoons butter (1 stick), melted
4 apples, peeled and sliced (I used Granny Smith, per the recipe recommendation)
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add egg until crumbly.

Layer apples in an 8x8 glass baking dish. Cover with flour mixture. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

I baked at 375 for about 35-40 minutes until bubbly and very brown on top.

Source: Nestie KayteandRob

3 comments:

Kayte said...

:) i am so glad that you all enjoyed it! love ya BFF!!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Ooh, I'm saving this recipe for the fall! Thanks!

Renea said...

Oooh yum! Apple Crisp is one of my favorite things to make!